What if you could earn money out of your B-Van? Of course you considered buying this little home on wheels for your adventures to feed off your wanderlust, but what if at the same time, you could turn this new acquisition into a reliable financial investment? Yes, it is possible!
Your B-Van is a unique acquisition. It combines the practicality of an adventure van and the luxurious interior design of a tiny house.
Fully equipped for off-grid traveling, with its electrical and water system, as well as its WiFi booster, your B-Van is a perfect living home on wheels to travel and live self-sustainably. Because of its rarity and its ease of use, this one-of-a-kind investment can bring you money in return, in addition to your personal enjoyment. Double the pleasure!
This article explores practical and creative ways for you to invest your B-Van.
Glamping in a B-Van
It has become a luxurious trend to “glamp” in a non-convention lodging, such as a deluxe tent with outdoor amenities, a suspended tree house in a National Forest, or a tiny house in an Alpacas farm… People are seeking for some newness and excitements, as long as they still benefit of all the comfort and security an accommodation can provide.
Glamping /ˈɡlæmpɪŋ/: glamorous camping
To go camping, with nontraditional accommodations that include some of the comforts and luxuries of a home. This includes tents, yurts, domes, tree houses, tiny houses, etc.
Will you be using your B-Van full-time? If not, consider renting it as a guest house.
The renting prices you could get out of your modern stylish guest house would certainly be higher than a regular hotel room or even an apartment, because of how unique and thus sought it is, compared to regular lodgings (that are hence devaluated).
To give you a brief idea, the average price in US for glamping is around $125 (and can go up to $3,000 per night!).
💰 For your B-Van, you could aim for a daily price range around $150 to $300. 💰
If you live in a city, your B-Van would be a great fit for people seeking for autonomy and simplicity, inside an urban environment that can be at times overwhelming.
If you live in the countryside, you offer a comfortable outdoor experience for campers willing more comfort and space than a camping tent, without having to be constrained in a hotel room cut off from nature.
If you have a backyard for your new trendy guest house, think about all the amenities you can add, to bring up value to your renting investment! Here are some examples:
- Roll out your awning, set up camping chairs and a little fire pit on the side for barbecue afternoons!
- Bring out your video projector, lay down a few beanie bags on the grass, and enjoy a cinema session under the stars!
- Invest the rooftop deck with two sun loungers accompanied with a drink and fresh appetizers!
- Use the kitchen as a little outdoor bar for cocktail parties!
You would probably want to be the first to benefit of these installations. Good news is, you choose on which period you’d like to rent your B-Van, and when you reserve it for yourself, your family and friends!
Here are some online platforms for you to rent your B-Van as a guest house:
This type of investment has the advantage to conserve the mileage of your vehicle exclusively for your roadtrips.
Traveling in a B-Van
When do you plan on traveling with your B-Van? If you use it only for vacations, a few months a year, or on weekends, would you rather have it sit in your garage the rest of the time? Or invest it as a campervan rental?
More and more people are attracted to hitting the road in a beautiful and practical build, without necessarily willing to invest time or money to buy one. That is why renting your B-Van as a recreational vehicle can be a good additional wage for your incomes.
Why a B-Van?
- Tourists are seeking more autonomy and freedom when they travel without having to systemically depend on hotels, restaurants, or even campgrounds. Your B-Van is made to go anywhere off-the-grid, no need for campground hook ups. You are free!
- Compared to a classic RV, your B-Van has the benefit of being more compact and versatile, yet with plenty space inside to live in. Perfect for a roadtrip without constrains.
💰 A good starting rental price for a fully converted vehicle would be $200-300 per night. 💰
B-Van owners, your home on wheels will be sought for its compact size, and discrete modern design. And if your build includes an indoor shower, as for all of what’s rare, it will be more coveted!
Examples of online platforms to rent your B-Van as a recreational vehicle:
–>> Bemyvan is renting their homes on wheels on Outdoorsy too! 🚐 💨
Renting a B-Van for special events
How many times have you found yourself at a festival or at a special weekend event, wishing you had:
- clean toilets to use, anytime, without having to wait in line
- a private shower to clean yourself, at your convenience
- a kitchen to store and cook your own meals, with good fresh and healthy food
- a nice couch to chill or to welcome friends over
- a closed indoor environment, cut off from the noise outside, as well as from the gusts of wind, dust and rain
- an air conditioned room and some fresh water, to cool down from the hot weather
- USB outlets to charge your phone (or any other devices)
- a secured place to store your valuables
- plenty of storage space to bring all your equipments (like floaties, standup paddles, hammocs, bicycles to go explore the surroundings, your chest of funky colorful costumes, and whatever your imagination comes up with…) 🙂
- a real comfy bed to rest and recover from all the animation, with full nights of sleep, to get yourself ready and in perfect shape for the next day!
Campervans are especially coveted for these types of events. As an example, festivals such as Coachella accepts only cars, trucks or vans (no RVs). And with high demands come high value. There is a market here for sure that can bring you a lot of investment in return.
Renting a B-Van for a photoshooting
Last but not least, these iconic colorful B-Vans offer a fancy stylish look, perfect for a photoshooting on a private celebration, like a wedding or a birthday party.
From the pastel pink to lime green, everyone finds the ideal color fitted for their special day. The B-Vanl brings that little original taste of modernity, fashion and cuteness to the celebration.
You can offer your B-Van for rent for these special occasions on platforms like:
- Turo (wedding section)
If you dream even bigger, you should try contacting George Lucas for the next Star Wars! A B-Van has always a little place somewhere in the back scenes of a movie or an advertisement.
…Think about it! 🙂